perjantai 23. lokakuuta 2015

The Idea

The game development starts with an idea and here is my first game idea that I am going to introduce in this blog. The very basic idea in this game is to prevent objects reaching the bottom of the screen. The objects will appear top of the screen and kind of “fall” downwards to bottom. Player must try to shoot the objects, but he must take the speed of the objects into account. Practically this means that when player touches somewhere in the screen an explosion will appear after a short delay. This idea just popped to my mind while I was playing Tetris with my Windows Phone.

This game could be some sort of artillery spotting game for example. Where player is playing a role of forwards observer and giving fire commands to artillery. Don’t know yet, but let’s see how game ends up. At this point I will want to leave the theme still open, since the idea is based solely on game mechanics. 

So my very first step is to build a very simple concept to test this idea in practice. After I have tried the game concept few times, I will think about what sort of theme I should use around the idea. 
Idea illustrated

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti