torstai 12. toukokuuta 2016

Donnerfaust is NOT dead...

I have been quite busy during the winter and this little hobby of mine got less attention. But however the game project is not dead. I actually started to work with the game again few weeks ago. I have now updated the graphics and all the things mentioned on previous post are implemented to the game.

New plane sprites
There are now more different planes and the planes does not fly only straight line down. They follow randomly generated path, that makes them turn every once in awhile. However this scripts need still a little improvement. The planes also appear in various formations.

I made one major change and made the player's AA-gun to be automatic. So instead a single shots the player can fire three rounds from magazine in automatic mode. This gives me the possibility to increase the game speed and make the game more intense. I also abandoned the idea of different AA-guns, but instead I plan to make the player's AA-gun upgradable. By meaning that player can update the fire rate, damage, magazine size, bullet velocity, etc. I just did not like the single shot AA-gun, since it kinda made the game speed little slow and that made the game feel little boring. The enemy airplanes can also take more shots than before. This gives more pressure to player.

My next steps are to add more levels and enemies. I have already drawn quite a few sprites for enemies. I also try to figure out how to add the upgrade system to the game and then implement the first version of it to the next game iteration.

Bellow is the video where you can see the current state of the game. You can actually see in the beginning of the video that I originally intended to call this game Donnerwand.

Current state of the game

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti